1. Start by replacing a bunch of your cleaners (your general spray cleaner, glass cleaner, counter top cleaner, floor and bathroom cleaners) with a natural, nontoxic all-purpose cleaner.
This one product can replace almost everything….. Really!
2. Replace your laundry detergent with a natural nontoxic one so the clothes you wear and the sheets you sleep on have no fumes for you to breathe. I use this Laundry Concentrate
Take stock of all of your other products and try to replace one a week with a safer, greener choice.
4. Use BPA-free plastic baby bottles and fill them with breast milk or organic formula.
Choose powdered formula over canned formula to avoid BPA leaching from the can-lining. I talk about the stainless steel silly cups that we use in this post.
5. Pay attention (without freaking out) to the toys you buy for your kids. Avoid lead paint and soft plastics that contain phthalates.
6. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store and avoid processed food. Even better, choose organic and locally grown meats, dairy, fruits, and vegetables.
7. Try to get the plastic containers out of your kitchen and replace them with glass containers. I use giant Mason Jars in my pantry.
8. Make a vow to stop buying bottled water—NOW. Instead, buy a water filter pitcher and keep two in your fridge at all times. We use this pitcher.
9. For cleaner and healthier air, open your windows once a day when the outside temperature is comfortable.
10. When buying new stuff for your home, focus on green products especially mattresses and carpets.
Thats it guys!! These 10 steps a great place to start. If you have any suggestions to add we would love to hear them!!
If you want to check out these non toxic products and more head to emilysutten.myshaklee.com